Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Super simple CRUD library

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I was really frustrated with the amount of code I was having to repeat just to have an Admin folder, with News, Stills, and Videos controllers underneath it.

I didn't solve my DRY problem with this CRUD library, but I at least reduced it to a point where it was tolerable. I would love to hear about other solutions, because I still had to copy and paste a ton of code between the different controllers, which feels fragile and lame.

As far as a lightweight library that relies on conventions and takes you 50%-75% of the way there, you may appreciate it. Again, this was written as part of my first CI project, and I am sure there are some rough edges. I would love to hear about them.

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
cool. thanks for sharing.

making a separate library seems like extra work. CI is designed to be extended at most every level.

see wiredesignz base_model class for another way to go about this. http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/69258/

i've been playing with it recently and it's pretty handy. it's more infrastructure-like than your interface-like contribution. i think they could be put together nicely.

cheers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB