Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI on Media Temple

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
No problem with MediaTemple. I've been with them for about 3 years with no issues.

[eluser]skeletonfriend[/eluser]
I got it to work now. Thanks for your help.

[eluser]therealmaloy[/eluser]
skeletonfriend

you can post your solution here for future starters to be able to deal with the same problem you had with this type of hosting Smile

[eluser]haydenk[/eluser]
One thing that is becoming popular now from that I have seen, is to create a subdomain called 'static' or something for hosting your images, stylesheets and javascript files. Then you don't have to bother with rewriting the url's in htaccess aside from what the CI is already doing.

[eluser]Leon Stafford[/eluser]
old thread, but I just spent hours (lol) getting reacquainted with CI on MT.

my error was in capitalizing the default Controller filename.

hint: turn your error logging threshold on high, and ensure the logs directory is writable. then reload the site and check the latest log file.

mine said:

Code:
DEBUG - 2010-10-09 19:38:46 --> Config Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2010-10-09 19:38:46 --> Hooks Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2010-10-09 19:38:46 --> URI Class Initialized
ERROR - 2010-10-09 19:38:46 --> 404 Page Not Found --> home

renamed Controller-> Home to home and all is now good.

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
I've bee using Mediatemple (I'm on the grid) for a while now and can honestly say that I haven't had any issues with using Codeigniter on it. A very good host with helpful support staff and a quick turn around time for answering support tickets.

[eluser]Leon Stafford[/eluser]
I should add to my last post that I have also been using MediaTemple for quite some time now for my own and clients' sites and am completely satisfied with their performance and support. I cannot say about the GRID or VE services, I am using several of their Dedicated Virtual (dv) servers at different configurations. Some maxxed out with RAM+CPU, some at the default and am happy with it all.

Sounds a bit like I work for them, but it is just so refreshing to get a hosting company which can deliver on performance AND offer amazing support.

Have only had one support staff on the phone out of about 30 who was a bit unfriendly, but 29 or so others were all super knowledgable and clear communicators.

If you like CodeIgniter's well formatted user guides, MT will suit you Wink

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
True dude

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB