Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Compare CodeIgniter vs Zend PHP Framework ?

[eluser]renga[/eluser]
i want to know the comparison between CodeIgniter and Zend PHP Framework

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
Search google and this forum and im sure you will find your answer, as this has been asked many times before. Try searching: Codeigniter Vs Zend

[eluser]PowerCode[/eluser]
Frankly speaking, Zend is an excellent set of components. Even though it supports MVC pattern so that you can code the entire thing in it, CodeIgniter is much faster in this respect for obvious reasons. Zend needs good amount of optimizations, and could be slower due to how it's include system works.

But the best combination would be that of CI and Zend. You can always borrow the Acl and other good components from Zend, so that you need not re-invent the wheel every time. I had recently written a tutorial on using the Acl component of Zend Framework with CI (http://www.revolves.net/2008/12/18/using...deigniter/).

The advantage of using components from other frameworks (not just Zend) is that they're tested, they mostly include the much needed features, and they can be easily integrated in CI.

There is nothing wrong with using Zend itself, and you shouldn't disregard that option just because I said something about it's speed. Zend has a dedicated performance guide too. So it all comes down to what you're comfortable with.

[eluser]bitist[/eluser]
Check out this post CodeIgniter vs. Zend Framework

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB