Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Scaffolding does not work with nested controllers

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Hi everyone.

I have a controller named member.php, which resides in a subdirectory named forums (just like the CodeIgniter forum), and the scaffolding displays the scaffolding view, but I am unable to manipulate data. I just get a 404 error.

A quick fix, to save unnecessary code in the core - simply to create a temporary controller in the root of the controllers directory, which will call upon the scaffolding. I'm happy to do this, but I would like to request that the user guide is updated to reflect this.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
i don't think scaffolding is going to get fixed as it is deprecated so you better patch it yourself.

Oh... I had no idea it was deprecated. Where is this information, as it's not in the user guide?

Now I know it's deprecated, I can live without it if necessary. I've only used it for the first time today lol. Do you know if there's going to be an alternative, or are people expected to use PHPMyAdmin or equivalent?

By deprecated, do you mean it's going to be removed from CI, or that it's just not going to be improved anymore? It is a very simple class after all.

Thanks for your reply.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
The thread that mentioned it first

I think it will be removed in some release but which one is a big question.

Search for CRUD libraries there are quite a few of them.

Silly me... I never thought to check the change log. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB