Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Your impression of CI3 over others?

I agree with no1youknowz, I posted this in another thread but here is the short version.

I tried CakePHP, Symfony, Zend and CodeIgniter "back in the day" (when they where the big players). I decided to stay with CodeIgniter because it is fast and so easy to really wrap my head around.
Then a few years ago I decided to move our team and enterprise products to Laravel 3 for our next big update.
While I knew it would need more RAM and CPU power to run Laravel I told my company it was well worth the additional cost in hardware and in our time.
I spent a few months of my company's time and money only to read one day Stop using Laravel 3 - Laravel 4 will be MORE AWESOME and it's "right around the corner". I was floored! What was I suppose to do? Laravel 4 wasn't ready for primetime and I just waste $1,000 of dollars.
I went back to management with my tail between my legs and we switch back to CodeIgniter.

I am not sure what people mean by "CodeIgniter can't do enterprise?" I like no1youknowz have a boat load of controllers, composer packages, libraries, development workflows, servers, developers, unit tests, etc... because of it's simplicity we have no problem making it meet our needs.

I know stuff will change in v4 but I'm very optimistic the CI team will keep what makes CodeIgniter --- CodeIgniter.

no1youknowz - you and I seems to cross paths a lot in the CI world. I am really starting to enjoy your company and input!

Messages In This Thread
Your impression of CI3 over others? - by frocco - 03-20-2015, 05:34 AM
RE: Your impression of CI3 over others? - by s4if - 03-31-2015, 01:50 AM
RE: Your impression of CI3 over others? - by dmyers - 04-22-2015, 12:25 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB