Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Your impression of CI3 over others?

I own my own business and I have my site built in codeigniter. It's a pretty complex application, but codeigniter handles most of everything just fine. 

I do consulting work on the side and absolutely every company that isn't built on top of some legacy framework is using laravel/symphony if it's php development or rails. The pay for laravel is substantially more than anything I would do for codeigniter. In fact, I usually don't even take up consulting work for codeigniter projects because its 20% less than I'd make coding in Laravel.

I've gotten requests to work on codeigniter projects for the equivalent of 60k a year while I usually do jobs for laravel starting at 72k.

But honestly, if you're looking to really get paid, learn how to work Linux. Maybe learn how to setup some opscode stuff and you're looking at 100k+ easily.

As for the actual comparison between CI and Laravel, everyone is right when they say you can do everything in CI that you can do in Laravel, but that's not the point. I can do things in Laravel in a third of the time I do it in CI, which if you own a business will know is one of the most important things to be able to do.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Messages In This Thread
Your impression of CI3 over others? - by frocco - 03-20-2015, 05:34 AM
RE: Your impression of CI3 over others? - by s4if - 03-31-2015, 01:50 AM
RE: Your impression of CI3 over others? - by albertleao - 09-22-2015, 08:37 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB