Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ebay & Paypal with Codeigniter

[eluser]menatep[/eluser]
Did anyone ever write any eBay & Paypal code for use with codeigniter? If yes, what method did you use?

Did you use DOM and CURL packages or SOAP?

I tried to work with ebay's SOAP API and discovered that i have to get NuSoap installed and it seems to be complicated. Additionally, several people ran into problems with NuSoap according to some posts here so it seems that it's a pain.

If you have developed something, please let me know because I WANT TO BUY SOME OF YOUR CODE. I need something to basically list, revise items, keep things synchronized between ebay and custom shopping cart which will be done with CI, leave feedback, open unpaid item disputes, etc.

All your replies would be greatly appreciated.

[eluser]jane0109[/eluser]
I don't know that it is possible.

[eluser]steel_slasher[/eluser]
You said you tried SOAP so what about DOM and CURL, also nearly ALL PHP classes available at http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/class/19.html (ecommerce classes - they have one for german ebay which could translated) will work within CI and they have a shed load of classes

[eluser]menatep[/eluser]
steel slasher: German api i only for the SHOPPING API functions like searching items and gettng item specifics. I'm tryng to work with the TRADING API. The closest thing i found is this....

http://developer.ebay.com/community/feat...ame=ebatns

I will try to play around with it and see if it can be adapted to use with code igniter.

just had a look at it and it seems ok for a "plug n play" into CI, only worry is the includes but that shouldnt be a problem

[eluser]menatep[/eluser]
I just tried running the samples in the php accelerator kit for trading api and i get a bunch of warnings... however the get official time seems to be working. DOM & CURL samples seem to work fine without any warnings and i'm just wondering if i should give up on SOAP and go with DOM & CURL... What do you guys think?

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 245

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 264

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 264

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 268

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 268

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 372

Notice: Constant CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE already defined in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Defines.php on line 23

Notice: Constant CURLPROXY_HTTP already defined in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Defines.php on line 27

Notice: Constant CURLPROXY_SOCKS5 already defined in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Defines.php on line 29

Notice: Constant CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE already defined in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Defines.php on line 30

Notice: Undefined index: user in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Session.php on line 890

Notice: Undefined index: password in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Session.php on line 891

Notice: Undefined index: api-mode in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Session.php on line 893

Notice: Undefined index: error-level in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Session.php on line 895

Notice: Undefined index: request-timeout in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Session.php on line 896

Notice: Undefined index: serialize-folder in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Session.php on line 897

Notice: Undefined index: LOG_TIMEPOINTS in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 178

Notice: Undefined index: LOG_API_USAGE in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 225

Notice: Undefined index: LOG_TIMEPOINTS in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 178

Notice: Undefined index: LOG_TIMEPOINTS in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 192

Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_VERBOSE in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 486

Notice: Undefined index: LOG_TIMEPOINTS in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 192

Notice: Undefined index: LOG_TIMEPOINTS in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 206

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_ServiceProxy.php on line 1219

GeteBayOfficialTimeResponseType Object
(
[Timestamp] => 2009-02-08 07:49:51
[Ack] => Success
[Version] => 599
[Build] => e599_intl_Bundled_7795693_R1
)

For the reference errors have a look at http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/language.re...s.pass.php

The rest seem to be errors from not completely using the class but i have never used this class so i cant really say

Choosing a method should be based on ease of use not popularity, PHP is popular because it is easy to use and easy to access whereas ASP is not so easy to access (you need to buy a windows os and then install it).

By DOM i guess you will use PHP DOM and there is an upside to this as the responses from ebay will be more familiar to you because they are in HTML/XML style

If you use cURl you would probably have to use PHP DOM anyway since it grabs a page and returns it as a string.

If you use SOAP then you would have to parse the XML returned (PHP DOM needed)

By the looks of things each method will need some sort of parsing, correct if i am wrong about how each method works but i have little experience in using these (i just know stuff)

BTW this thread is on the second page of Google for "SOAP DOM or CURl"

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="menatep" date="1234101388"]I just tried running the samples in the php accelerator kit for trading api and i get a bunch of warnings... however the get official time seems to be working. DOM & CURL samples seem to work fine without any warnings and i'm just wondering if i should give up on SOAP and go with DOM & CURL... What do you guys think?

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 245

... etc

Notice: Constant CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE already defined in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Defines.php on line 30

Notice: Undefined index: user in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Session.php on line 890

Notice: Undefined index: password in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Session.php on line 891

Notice: Undefined index: api-mode in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Session.php on line 893

... etc

Notice: Undefined index: LOG_TIMEPOINTS in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_Client.php on line 206

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in C:\wamp\www\EbatNs\EbatNs_ServiceProxy.php on line 1219

GeteBayOfficialTimeResponseType Object
(
[Timestamp] => 2009-02-08 07:49:51
[Ack] => Success
[Version] => 599
[Build] => e599_intl_Bundled_7795693_R1
)[/quote]

Many of the classes I have worked with from PHP Classes.org are coded with a very low level of error reporting, so when you put them into CI you get LOTS of notices. Remember that these are not errors, just lazy coding that only gets complained about when error reporting is turned up (like CI does by default).

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB