Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages

[eluser]opel[/eluser]
I have managed to successfull create a CMS system using the Modular Extensions Library, SimpleTemplate library and good advice from this forum.

However I have come to one problem that I'm not sure what the best way to approach it is and require some advice.

I have used the libraries above so that I can move modules around different projects, similar to DJango apps.

The final thing I want to do is link my "pages" module to each of my other modules so that a user can manage some text on each module to explain how to use it.

My initial idea was to create a table in the database that administrator can manually add in modules and methods that pages can have content added to.

However after looking at Codeigniters hooks and libraries I think there may be a better way to do this without creating anything in the database. The only person to manage the modules will be the site developer, not an administrator.

Could anyone advise on what the best way to use CI t tackle this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages - by El Forum - 02-16-2009, 10:39 AM
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages - by El Forum - 02-16-2009, 11:56 AM
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages - by El Forum - 02-16-2009, 12:02 PM
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages - by El Forum - 02-16-2009, 12:12 PM
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages - by El Forum - 02-16-2009, 01:19 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB