Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages

[eluser]opel[/eluser]
Sorry it is a little confusing as I haven't started written it yet.

Basically if I had a "Blog" module with an "Index" and "Article" method I am trying to allow the site administrator to be able to add in text for those pages via another module that I am calling "Pages". So on index page they could have an intro about the blog etc.

My plan to tackle this was to create a modules table to add in modules and the editable methods and simply join it to the pages modules.

However, after lookng through the CI forum and manual I am wondering if using Hooks and/or libraries may be a more efficient way to manage the above. As the site developer i.e. me is only person setting the modules creating a db table may be overkill?

I hope this is a little clearer?

Messages In This Thread
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages - by El Forum - 02-16-2009, 10:39 AM
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages - by El Forum - 02-16-2009, 11:56 AM
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages - by El Forum - 02-16-2009, 12:02 PM
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages - by El Forum - 02-16-2009, 12:12 PM
CI Coding Advice : Linking Modules to Pages - by El Forum - 02-16-2009, 01:19 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB