Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Learn how to use CodeIgniter's OpenID library to integrate OpenID into your existing user system.

[eluser]Moult[/eluser]
Hello,

I've been lurking in these forums for a while (posting very rarely) and recently I've come across OpenID. I wanted to see how I could use it in my existing CI-powered website, and not noticing any useful guides, I decided to make one myself.

I hope it's useful to some of you:
http://thinkmoult.com/2009/02/22/use-cod...te-openid/

Please leave your comments there if possible - not because I'm a selfish moron who wants more activity on his blog but because it's easier for other people to see what issues there are who find out about it from other places.

Hope it helps!

(Edit: updated to link to actual article instead of just blog)

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Could you add the link to the post instead of the general link to your blog. now it seems a blog promotion instead of a valuable contribution to help developers on their way to add openid authentication to their application.

[eluser]Edmundas Kondrašovas[/eluser]
Well, so much for a blog...

Quote:The requested URL /moving.page/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

[eluser]Moult[/eluser]
Adijux, my host is moving servers today, so check back tomorrow and all will be well Smile

[quote author="Moult" date="1235866568"]Adijux, my host is moving servers today, so check back tomorrow and all will be well Smile[/quote]
I'm sorry, I thought your blog vanished for good... I'll check it tomorrow. Wink

[eluser]cb_sides[/eluser]
Hey Moult I'm following your blog entry and it's a great help. I'm exactly your intended audience, although I'm not very experienced in PHP.

Anyway, I am having trouble on Step 2 of your entry: Testing if it works.

Basically, I am using the codeIgniter URLs to pass information to my class functions which I think is really elegant when compared to ugly GET querystrings.

However I think this is causing a problem with the OpenID library. I created an OpenID with www.yahoo.com to test the installation and it successfully sends me to yahoo to log in and then routes me back to my site. But the URL comes back as sort of a mishmash of CodeIgniter and a GET string and I get a 404. Any idea on how to get this working? I tried your suggestion of switching URI PROTOCOL but none of the options seem to work for me. Here is an example of the URL I get:

I start here:
http://localhost/ci/index.php?/openidtest

(I renamed the Test class to Openidtest, along with all references)

After signing into Yahoo I get routed to here:

http://localhost/ci/index.php?/openidtes...rVi5zNoZEY=

I am using the latest version of CodeIgniter with very minimal customization

Moult, I must admit your blog is really great! Wink I added it to my bookmarks. Keep up the good work!

[eluser]ChazUK[/eluser]
Hi, might be bringing a dead topic back to life, but this option looks a lot more appealing than using RPXnow. Mainly because I can have more control over the login process, and also authorise users that may not have an OpenID enabled account.

When I copy all the files across in the tutorial I get a blank page.

I'm using CI_Templates as well for more control, could that be a problem?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB