Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice

[eluser]Sgt Quagmire[/eluser]
[quote author="chinathong" date="1236476919"]well, ... i'm an asp.net developer since 2001/2 and did it until 2007, i said did it because i finally managed to leave MS world for good ... the only reason that kept me in MS world was that because i was working professionally with it and it paid my bills[/quote]

So did you decide to go full time freelancing? I think MS has done a good job with Asp.net honestly. For cooroporate apps the .net framework has so many useful libraries and the visual studio ide is hands down the best ide out (imo anyway).

The new Visual Studio gets MVC integrated into it, and even better, it will have JQuery built into it's core. How smart of MS was that?? Jquery integration? I could see some OOP Jquery, with libraries, intellisense, widgets, etc... very promising i think.

But with all that said, I love the open source community and for doing freelance/hobby/sidework php seems to be perfect. If I could pay the bills by being my own boss and using open source software, I would do it no doubt.

MS and it's Vista and IE can kiss my *** as far as I'm concerned though. IE has added so many horrible production hours to our development cycle. It's just one big hack lol.

BUT - MS has also helped create lots of jobs with their .net framework. Rapid enterprise app development is now actually made possible. I have health insurance, 401k, steady paycheck. So yes MS has it's bad points (lots of em), but it also has come a long way.

btw, please don't take me as a MS workshop fanboy. I just like looking at things from more than one angle.

Messages In This Thread
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-06-2009, 10:10 AM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-07-2009, 01:48 PM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 11:53 AM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 12:56 PM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 04:00 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB