Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="score" date="1259336575"]Hey, kinda new to CI and yesterday i tried to install Pyro on my local server, running Zend Server CE.

The install works and everything is installed. But I cant get to the login page without adding /index.php/ to the urls. Without it im just getting "not found" Im guessing this has to do with the .htaccess ?

localhost/mydir/ works, but not http://localhost/mydir/admin/login ect

Anyone know a solution to this?[/quote]

This is a common problem for CodeIgniter users which we have made worse by removing index.php by default. The installer should have been improved to support this but I'm not sure if it is working.

To fix this, open /application/config/config and give $config['index_page'] the value of "index.php".

Thanks for pointing this out, I will make sure this working in v0.9.7.3 by default. :-)

[eluser]sshz[/eluser]
I have one wish, for example I switch to russian language in PyroCMS, but if there is no translation for users module, for example, I will get a error.
Wish: Use english language file if there is no corresponding russian language file, so you don't have to translate all modules for CMS to work.

Big CMS like Joomla or Wordpress use english language files if there is no translation for some module/plugin.

Thats something I was thinking about the other day actually, it does need to be done at some point. I'll add a ticket to get MY_Language built for this, and it will make it into either v0.9.8 (I have my hands full on some MASSIVE features for that already) or v1.0.

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
Hello everyone,
strange...

I tried running the installer,
but on step4, it asks to enter database name

When I enter the DB name, and select to insert dummy data,
I get error: "The installer could not insert the data into the database. Please verify your MySQL user has DELETE and INSERT privileges."

but in database I see these tables created:
Code:
asset
asset_folder
categories
comments
emails
galleries
navigation_groups
navigation_links
news
newsletters
packages
pages
pages_lookup
permission_roles
permission_rules
photos
products
products_images
profiles
services
settings
staff
suppliers
suppliers_categories
users

Tried to enter homepage, 'Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.'
Seems if step4 fails, no config file is saved...

Any suggestions, anyone?

THanks!

hugle: The installer is pretty buggered it seems, Yorick is undertaking the task of entirely re-coding it. For now a manual install is very easy to do. Just read the INSTALL file for information on how to do it.

I have just set up a new ticket to sort out comments as right now its just awful in the backend.

Quote:Comments right now just show ALL comments and you have no way to know wtf the user is commenting on.

We need to change this so instead of going to /admin/comments/index, you look at the news or galleries index page and see that it has comments next to it eg: (2) in a "comments" column. Then this links to /admin/comments/index/news/<id>. Those two params can be used to query comments in the database and return a list of comments specific to that article, image, whatever.

Keeps the system modular and doesnt require a massive recode like all the other ideas.

Feedback is always appreciated. I want to fix this once and not have to re-do it later, so approval from the community is a big help.

[eluser]bdegier[/eluser]
Do you have any idea when the new back-end will be ready?

The backend re-design will be part of v1.0. The main reason for this is we are focusing on the work for v0.9.8 which will make PyroCMS functionally much better.

The amount of re-coding that will be involved to get the new interface working how we want means that we cannot do it as part of v0.9.8. If we even tried it would just confuse the crap out of the next release and introduce a whole bunch of bugs.

v0.9.8 = does cool stuff.
v1.0 = looks better than your wife.

We're getting there, but we won't rush. :-)

[eluser]bdegier[/eluser]
Nevermind fixed it :-)

Do you still have that little module development doc available?

[eluser]NateL[/eluser]
I just ran a fresh install and it appears that NONE of my CSS is working on the Admin backend. Works fine on the Front end. I read back a little bit and read there are some problems with the current Admin backend, but I don't know if the latest release was released with no styles or something?

Viewing the source in FireFox shows links to the stylesheets - and I can click on those links and see that everything is properly linked and working.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB