Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
First Full Featured Codeigniter App - Codepress

[eluser]Matt Egan[/eluser]
Hey there, after countless revisions and improvements, I think my blogging platform is suitable for release. From the first version, which only had basic blog capabilities, I've now implemented theming, pages and countless other features. Most of this was done in the wee hours of the night, or during free time in my classes at high school. (Keep in mind I'm only 14)

It doesn't have any documentation yet, but it will soon. Ill give you guys the basic lowdown

Features
- Multiple Pages
- Themeing capability
- _Very_ clean understandable code (Easy Modification)
- Customizable (Settings pane in Admin Panel)
- Free (Big Grin)
- Post, Comment and Page editing capabilities

Now, I know these may seem like very basic features, but, I'm adding more everyday. In fact, I'm taking a road trip down to Florida so I should have plenty of time in the car to add tags, categories, and search. I think It'd be really awesome of you guys to take a few minutes and install and play around with the two themes, and kinda snoop around on the insides. Tell me what you think!

Here's the demo - clicky!
And the .zip downlaod - clicky!

For both the .sql file and the demo on my website, the username is "admin" and the password is "password" Please don't make any abusive changes to what's up there, thanks Smile

If you want to test it out on your own server, inside the zip file there is a .sql file to import, also, be sure to edit the Codeigniter database file. Also, this requires the use the .htaccess file too. (I'm working on this Big Grin )

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
demo doesn't work, it just displays 'Coming Soon...'

FAIL. On my part that is. I forgot to fix the site url in the Codeigniter configuration file. Woops, should be working now Big Grin

[eluser]Matthew Rochow[/eluser]
Looks good mate.

Some ideas for improvement:
- SEO url's (/the-post-or-page-name/)
- Validation. For example, you can just click comment without entering anything and it goes to a blank page (however not when you're logged in as admin, it then displays an error Wink).
- <title> should change, the post/page/search/404 message
- 404 errors (also which emails blog owner)
- Footer in the default theme (makes it look more professional, if you know what I mean. Most people will judge by the looks of it, not how good/feature packed it is)
- WYSIWYG editor
- Avatars with comments (gravatar, openID or whatever it is)
- Sitemap generator
- Ability to use as a pure CMS (ie: no blog posts). Similar to WP how it can be used for either purely pages or a blog too.

Look forward to seeing the updated version Big Grin

Ha, yeah, I do have a ways to go, but I'm getting there Big Grin

I think the thing I hate the most about web application design is form validation. I just hate doing it. (Previously the comment empty was working, I'm not sure why its not now...), but I think that's the first thing to tackle.

I'm working on categories and tags now, and should have that released in the next couple days. And while I'm at it, I don't think that the tiny MCE editor would be to hard to implement. Thanks for checking it out for me! Ill continue to work on it, and keep you guys updated here with my revisions.

Thanks again!

[eluser]Matthew Rochow[/eluser]
The reason I started looking into CI was because of damn form validation - did this big form that took me FOREVER to do... knew there must be an easier way! Smile

[eluser]Dreammaker[/eluser]
There are russian CI-based wordpress-like project - Maxsite CMS (It has more then 50 plugins now)

http://max-3000.com/max

So your project isn't first Smile

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
[quote author="Dreammaker" date="1239566686"]There are russian CI-based wordpress-like project - Maxsite CMS (It has more then 50 plugins now)

So your project isn't first Smile[/quote]
Very interst: but only in russian language? And it is possible to download it? Into the google code there is no the code :-(
Thank you

Well, I know mine isn't the first, its more of just a learning experience for myself.

[eluser]Dreammaker[/eluser]
[quote author="abmcr" date="1239568934"][quote author="Dreammaker" date="1239566686"]There are russian CI-based wordpress-like project - Maxsite CMS (It has more then 50 plugins now)

So your project isn't first Smile[/quote]
Very interst: but only in russian language? And it is possible to download it? Into the google code there is no the code :-(
Thank you[/quote]

Currently I can see Maxsite CMS hasn't good english translation.

You can download CMS from http://max-3000.com/page/maxsite-cms-031 (Скачать MaxSite CMS 0.31 1173 (ок. 1.5Мб))

That's all. I don't want to promote another project in Matt Egan's topic Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB