Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
how to promote a website?

[eluser]hashintosh[/eluser]
Good morning,
I've published on the internet my website, http://www.ristoranteeremo.it/, and now I would like to promote it because my client would like to see it in a high position in search engines.

Which are the best techniques to obtain more traffic and make it climb search positions?

I've already started to publish it on several directories and search engines, but I don't know if I'm doing that in the right places.

Which are the best portals where to publish the links to my sites?

Are there particular portals depending on the technology I'm using to develop them?
For example: this site is almost entirely made in flash, so should I publish it on particular flash sites directories?

I'm already making other websites with very high level css's... Are there portals where to publish css sites?

Thanx in advance,
Alessio

[eluser]HomersBrain[/eluser]
[quote author="hashintosh" date="1239028899"]and now I would like to promote it because my client would like to see it in a high position in search engines.
[/quote]

You need to work out what phrases people are going to be using to find it in the search engines, and target those. As it's mainly a flash site, how would Google know what the site is about? You might have to have some mainly text pages explaining to visitors what the company is all about. That way it'll get indexed better.

Thanx for the answer Smile

That's the common problem of flash websites I guess...
Actually the fact that contents and links are in flash format won't help indexing at all, that's why I have to find out other tricks to "attract" search engines on my site.

One of the things I've done is integrating google analytics inside the site. Will it help? I've thought this: if google doesn't find links to my website from other webistes, will it consider the click captured by google analytics to "move up" my site in search results?

For the indexing of pages I've put the file "sitemap.txt" in the root directory.

Will I really have to make a "parallel" version of the site, just for the search engines' spiders? Anyway this site is mainly graphical, so there aren't those contents to index...

[eluser]jalalski[/eluser]
You could use the 'noembed' tag. Google for 'flash noembed' or similar, there are a lot of resources on this.

[eluser]gyo[/eluser]
You can use AdWords from Google to make your website appear in the results (sponsored ads), but the problem is really Flash and SEO.
You cannot expect a Flash website to appear in the top list because it doesn't have any content (from a SEO point of view).
Well, if your website gets famous and linked from everywhere in the world, then you have chances.

Think of using deeplinks in Flash:
http://www.asual.com/swfaddress/

Hope it helps

[eluser]gyo[/eluser]
Sorry I just saw you're already using deeplinks! Wink

suashi: no problem Wink

jalalski:
Actually I'm using swfobject, and I can put an alternative content for search engines.
I'll do that, but as I said the problem is the fact that this site in particular is almost only graphical, so anyway there won't be many contents to be indexed.

What I'm asking are alternative ways to make a site receiving more clicks. I mean general ways, both for my particular case (flash site) and other cases (particulary well done css sites, jquery sites, etc.).

There should be several places where someone could post his site's url, something like "websites awards" portals and forums, but googling I didn't find a lot of them...

Can someone suggest me some place where I could post my site and the technologies I used to the "public judgement"? Smile

Thanx a lot!!

Ok, i've just followed jalalski's suggestion, I've put all the textual contents of the flash objects even in the html code, before it's substituted by swf with javascript, so that crawlers should see it and index some informations that normally are in swf objects.
If you want to check, I've already updated it (http://www.ristoranteeremo.it/).
To see the added html code, just see the page html source.

Any other suggestion?

[eluser]gyo[/eluser]
I'd put the alternative content based on the current deeplink.
For example if the page is #/about, you can generate the alternative content for this section by retrieving the url.

What do you think?

[eluser]Evil Wizard[/eluser]
well, you could consider using a ror.xml file to tell crawlers what the site is about

http://www.rorweb.com/faq.htm

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB