Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Forum breadcrumb class - where to start?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
MPTT goes way over my head too, which is why I use someone else's library. Bar a single inconsistency, the library is fantastic. The API is fairly straight forward, and quite well documented. I highly recommend it.

I'm not sure how many levels there's likely to be, but I didn't want to limit it as such. I wouldn't imagine it would go over three, but hey, why not? As for examples, I can't give you any, as the client apparently doesn't even know yet...

As for presentation - the breadcrumbs will be in a div, which will allow it to expand vertically if it's too wide.

I've been thinking about my dilemma, and I think my main problem is that I am expecting my model methods to do too much, and as a result it's losing its simplicity. I try to get the data I need in one fowl swoop, when I should really have the controller do a bit more work, or perhaps export the processing to a library or something. That way, I shouldn't end up with tons of quite similar model methods, but rather fewer generic methods.

I don't mean to be cheeky, but I'd be really interested to see what you've come up with so far with your forums module.

Messages In This Thread
Forum breadcrumb class - where to start? - by El Forum - 04-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Forum breadcrumb class - where to start? - by El Forum - 04-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Forum breadcrumb class - where to start? - by El Forum - 04-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Forum breadcrumb class - where to start? - by El Forum - 04-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Forum breadcrumb class - where to start? - by El Forum - 04-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Forum breadcrumb class - where to start? - by El Forum - 04-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Forum breadcrumb class - where to start? - by El Forum - 04-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Forum breadcrumb class - where to start? - by El Forum - 04-30-2009, 06:00 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB