Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Idea: CodeIgniter Pro Network

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
[quote author="Daniel Moore" date="1240597851"]
A true professional that has clients and jobs to do simply doesn't have the time to visit a lot of different web sites "just to discuss issues" as we do here. If the "professionals" go to the new site, then the newcomers who come here for assistance will be out of luck, thereby discouraging "new" professionals in the future.
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, it would not be a site only to discuss issues, this we have here already, it would also not be only a forum, I do hope we can develop a real philosophy and credibility around it, just like EE Pro Network. Personally, I take it more like a complement of the current CodeIgniter website. It would also be a place where professionals talk to professionals, and also a place that can be a good complement of resources that *we*, professionals don't want to share with anyone for free, or simply don't want to discuss with newcomers. Let's say for example Xwero developped a library that worth paying him $300 to get it, but he wouldn't propose his library for everyone and for free here (just examples, Xwero we all know how sharefull you are here).

But without the money in the middle of this discussion, I am a bit borred to see 100 posts everyday asking questions that was already answered long time ago, I feel like as my experience grow on CI, I need to move one step further and I don't want read newcomers discussions, they are not interesting for me and I don't even want to answer or help them (that's just a personal feeling, I discredit nobody, we all have started at bottom...)

Though I am totally agree with your second argument which is like killing the branch we are actually living on. But then, if somebody feel like a pro, then he can at anytime join the pro network and learn also from there.

That's also why in my first post I asked for the position of Ellislab about this idea, because if a project like that come to live, it sure will be nearly "linked" to Ellislab in some ways.

[quote author="Daniel Moore" date="1240597851"]
I think it works well as it is. We already have the appropriate forums here. It is also quite easy by reading people's posts as to who is a professional and who is a newbie. Just remember, if they post the following: "OMG HI! CI DON'T WORK. CAN U FIX IT?" then don't hire them for a project. Wink[/quote]

Sure, but as for my experience, I've used the job board here to hire some people, and without telling who they are, I've came to a lot of deceptions and un-professional attitude from people who has more than 700 posts here, so that's not an argument for me as a professional to select people from their forum posts and from the way they answer others. Beeing a pro is not mean only to know coding a lib on CodeIgniter and do a website for $150 for a client to get some money during student holidays, we all know that. Beeing a pro is first a question of maturity and experience.

Again a last thing about my personal experience hiring freelancers: I've hired some people without coming here but by using sites like Odesk, and believe me, they were much more serious that the clowns I hired from here. I don't want make a generalisation about 2 or 3 bad experiments I had using CI job board, but from my exerience there is really a need for a kind of professionalization.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="Too Pixel" date="1240601367"]don't want to discuss with newcomers. Let's say for example Xwero developped a library that worth paying him $300 to get it, but he wouldn't propose his library for everyone and for free here (just examples, Xwero we all know how sharefull you are here).[/quote]
Wow, any ideas which library could get me $300 and who would pay it. Damn free php code everywhere :-) (sorry i just ended my workweek)

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
hehe :-P

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
The idea works well for EE, and it's natural to extend it to CI. CI will be getting a lot more attention soon. EE users will want modules and extensions built and they'll look here for help. The network would benefit everyone. Application requirements similar to EE's would work - thanks for the link xwero. Finally, this would have to be sanctioned by Ellislab.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB