Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The URI you submitted has disallowed characters. Non CI part of website

[eluser]Scott Boyde[/eluser]
For some reason I am getting a lot of these errors on my forum which is not part of CI

My htaccess is the following

Options +FollowSymLinks
Options -Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.php
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|leaguestats|forum|fantasy|robots\.txt)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]

Any ideas would be appreciated, host is dreamhost.

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
if your forum is in a directory below CI's index.php and someone sends in a request for a page that apache cannot find, then CI gets to handle it and it hits the disallowed URI section and dies.

cheers.

[eluser]Daniel Moore[/eluser]
Comment out the following line:

It's redundant when using:

See if that helps.

[quote author="Daniel Moore" date="1240606533"]Comment out the following line:

It's redundant when using:

See if that helps.[/quote]

It didn't help but I am actually now thinking that there may be an issue with the server/database and maybe its taking too long to load the pages and its defaulting through to CI and its giving the error.

[eluser]simshaun[/eluser]
What makes you think that?

[eluser]Daniel Moore[/eluser]
If you remove the .htaccess altogether (back it up first) then test the non-CI sections of the site, it will help you to narrow down that possibility. It may be that you're getting a 404 or some other error, which is causing the .htaccess to go ahead with the rewrite. Then you can concentrate on fixing the other part of the site.

The forum worked and it only seemed to be happening the last two days. The error message pops up now and again and can be when users are just posting a message. They then hit refresh which unfortunately results in double posts.

I haven't been able to replicate the issue yet, I will remove the htaccess and see how we go.

With the htacces out of the equation and when trying some maintenance tasks on the forum it gives

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

[eluser]simshaun[/eluser]
What forum is it, and does it have an .htaccess that it uses (inside the forum folder)?

its vbulletin 3.8.1 and doesn't have an htaccess nothing has been changed for sometime and its just started happening in the past few days.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB