Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
User Authentication

[eluser]codecode[/eluser]
I need a user authentication solution based on Code Igniter. Can anybody point me to the best solution?
Thank you!

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
There's a couple of authentication libraries listed on the wiki, that would be a good start

There's also a number of threads discussing them on the forums, so look through them as well

[eluser]codecode[/eluser]
Thank you for pointing me to the WiKi resource. What's the most complete and stable solution? I need a complete solution with admins, users, user registration, email notification, password retrieval etc..
Thank you!

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
The only one I've used is a simple library by Adam Griffiths available here

I actually went for th 1.04 version, as 1.05 had more user management stuff I didn;t need

Pretty much all auth libs have
- User groups (normal, admin etc)
- registration
- login/logout
- forgotton password reset

And I'd assume some will have the other stuff you need, but not sure which one to recommend

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
@Dam1an - Thanks for putting The Authentication Library out there.

Of course I'd recommend my Authentication Library. There's a bunch of features that you'd expect, login, register etc. But then it's really secure too, passwords are hashed along with a salt which makes the end hashes more secure.

Then there's also an admin backend, you don't need to use it if you don't want to - but it's all useful stuff that lets you add, edit and delete user accounts. In the next couple of releases I'll be adding in ACL - now maybe you don't need it but still, the functionality is in the works.

Plus it's really simple to use, to use the class you only need to extend a different controller (Application instead of Controller) - you wouldn't need to write any extra code.

In a nutshell, it's a full featured Authentication Library with a very simple syntax and it's super easy to install.

Authentication Library User Guide
Screencast on installing, using and how The Authentication Library works

Take a look, if you like it then that's great. If you have any questions, just reply here.

Thanks.
Adam Griffiths

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB