Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
routing problem with added get vars

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="dulakian" date="1242837371"]I don't have a problem with the User Guide, it just wasn't apparent where the solution to my problem was, and even searching for the solution does not pull up the page you linked. I'm sorry I got a little pissed at his sarcasm, it's not like I didn't try to find the info I was looking for before I came here. It just rubbed me the wrong way his snide attitude about it. I like the framework, the docs are better than a lot out there, I just don't appreciate the superior attitude in the reply to my request for help. I got the solution, I'm happy. Hopefully this thread will help other people who have the same problem I did. I'll let it go now...

Michael[/quote]

I think the reason it wasn't where you expected is because you knew the solution, and therefore thought you knew where to look
Its in the troubleshooting because the error could occur anywhere (and in most cases the user wouldn't know its linked to the URI)

Colin is a respected member of the community, and I doubt it was meant the way you took it, how was he to know you hadn't tried that. Having been here for 3 years, the URI protocol probably seems the obvious thing in a case like this to someone thats dealt with it many times before, and it can sometimes get very annoying when other people don't see that.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
I can see how it came off poorly, Michael, and so my apologies for being careless with my reply. It was more of an inside joke and didn't intend to offend or otherwise piss off.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB