Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Seeing blank page

[eluser]Codeworks Interactive[/eluser]
I am working with codeigniter 1.7 I get was getting database error then I changed my dbdriver to mysqli now the error is gone but all i see is a blank browser for all the admin and front of my site.

On my local machine all works fine but on server this wherer they are issues.

Help! Deadline fast approaching...

[eluser]slowgary[/eluser]
Help me help you. HELP me HELP YOU!

What was the database error? I wouldn't change the database driver to solve an error, I would solve the error. If you have a deadline fast approaching you should really provide some details to the people you're asking for help.

Also, your website (the one you provided when you created your account) doesn't exist. Type the url in wrong?

Hi Slowgary

The database error was Unable to connect to database server using provided settings

I was just going through the Code App Forum and there was a hint about using mysqli instead of mysql and when i swicthed to mysqli thats when the error disappeared and the blank page came in.

About my site, it does exist at www.codeworks.co.bw but is under construction. You can check out the other one at www.codeworks.co.zw

Am now installing a fresh copy of CI and will work straight from the server. Please give me some hints and leads

With blank CI it works fine so will be adding small chunks of my code and seeing how it goes...

I will keep you posted slowgary

[eluser]slowgary[/eluser]
Did it ever connect to the database? Have you verified your settings?

Try putting in just your settings, then in the default welcome controller, load a model that calls $this->db->get('table_name');

This way you can verify that your database connections are okay.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB