Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Did anyone build any shopping cart sites with code igniter?

[eluser]menatep[/eluser]
If yes... could you please post some urls. I'd like to see how powerful the cart.php module is and what's possible with it.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
The cart module is still only in the SVN trunk, so doubt anyones had time to do a full shopping cart with it yet
I know Slowgary is working on one now, although he's still in the planning phase

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
I integrated into a webshop to test out. It's pretty easy and pretty straightforward to implement. If you read the docs in the pdf in my signature, you should come a long way.

[eluser]menatep[/eluser]
The PDF document is pretty good...

I guess there aren't many shopping cart sites that have been developed with CodeIgniter and that's really unfortunate because i wanted to find some code to re-use or buy. I don't have the time to write a shopping cart from scratch.

My second alternative would be to take an existing shopping cart that's feature-rich and clean out all the unnecessary features from it. Problem is, most shopping carts aren't written with MVC in mind and some use older php 4 code. The only PHP 5 and MVC code shopping cart i found was OpenCart. Are there any others?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
menatep, is there anything in particular wrong/lacking with openCart? Or do you just want to know what other PHP5 MVC carts are available for comparison?

[eluser]menatep[/eluser]
Dam1an: i have looked at the demo of open cart and i'm unable to edit product prices in bulk and the cart does not have SKU capability. Just a couple of things i found after a couple of minutes in the admin console.

This is why i'm curious to see if there are any other php5 mvc shopping carts out there.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Before you do any eCommerce, consider PCI Compliance https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/

[eluser]BDKR[/eluser]
[quote author="menatep" date="1244162611"]
This is why i'm curious to see if there are any other php5 mvc shopping carts out there.
[/quote]

Opencart / http://www.opencart.com/

MVC based implementation and usable. There is still a bit of development needed in terms of available payment processors, but at least it supports various versions of PayPal as well as COD and Bank Transfer. They seriously need help in this area.

I like it for the most part but there some definite differences from CI. I also don't like some of the code. As a matter of fact, how some things are done is downright brain dead (like how it deletes all entries of product options in a table before updating them (ROFL!!!!!)).

But it's use of MVC does make it a god send by comparison to almost every other cart out there.

Good luck mang! ;-)

[eluser]BDKR[/eluser]
It appears I didn't read that close enough. :-(

I really don't think adding SKU capability is that big of a deal is it? At least you're not hacking into some abomination like Cartweaver.

[eluser]menatep[/eluser]
[quote author="BDKR" date="1244180840"][quote author="menatep" date="1244162611"]
[/quote]

Opencart / http://www.opencart.com/

MVC based implementation and usable. There is still a bit of development needed in terms of available payment processors, but at least it supports various versions of PayPal as well as COD and Bank Transfer. They seriously need help in this area.

I like it for the most part but there some definite differences from CI. I also don't like some of the code. As a matter of fact, how some things are done is downright brain dead (like how it deletes all entries of product options in a table before updating them (ROFL!!!!!)).

But it's use of MVC does make it a god send by comparison to almost every other cart out there.

Good luck mang! ;-)[/quote]

i didn't play with it yet... but i'll soon find out how it looks like inside. Did you hear of any other MVC php5 shopping carts?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB