Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
name rule for the tables primary id, plural or not?

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Verily, this is a subject that engenders much discussion and little in the way of consensus.

For my part, the same reasons that prevent pretty much everyone from calling their primary key column ids are the same reasons that I cite when sticking with singular pretty much everywhere.

Of course, some people just can't see the logic of this argument ... Wink

From a more pragmatic POV, consistency is almost definitely the key (ha ha) here, and so it would be especially frustrating to work with a library that was at odds with your own adopted standard. I'd suggest the pain of modifying the relevant bits to align with your application would be worth it.

Messages In This Thread
name rule for the tables primary id, plural or not? - by El Forum - 06-08-2009, 05:13 PM
name rule for the tables primary id, plural or not? - by El Forum - 06-08-2009, 05:45 PM
name rule for the tables primary id, plural or not? - by El Forum - 06-08-2009, 06:14 PM
name rule for the tables primary id, plural or not? - by El Forum - 06-08-2009, 06:52 PM
name rule for the tables primary id, plural or not? - by El Forum - 06-08-2009, 07:04 PM
name rule for the tables primary id, plural or not? - by El Forum - 06-08-2009, 08:17 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB