Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Allowing all URI characters for certain controllers.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="n0xie" date="1244741647"]
I guess we disagree on this subject then. Why would you bookmark the result of a search query, and not the page you were searching for? Wouldn't google penalize your site for having duplicate content since each search will be indexed, each similar search will return the same resultset, thus the same content, which means you will have different indexed pages (could go into the 100's depending how people use your search function) ALL linking to the same source? Keep in mind that, to google, /search/my+search+query, /search/my search query, /search/my_search_query, /search/my-search-query, /search/search+query+my, /search/query+my+search, /search/query+search+my etc. etc. are ALL different pages. All with EXACTLY the same content.
[/quote]
A spider doesn't input, it follows links. If spiders would submit forms how do they know what content to add to the fields? And now with the ajax fuelled forms fields can be added dynamically.

Bookmarks are not publicly available if they are not on a social bookmark service. And even if the url is spidered why should you care about the pagerank of the searches?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I think n0xie's concern may have been more to do with constantly having your site hammered by spiders that are caught in a potentially endless loop. I might be wrong though. In any case, my solution is simply to prevent search URLs from being indexed. Simple, but effective.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
i guess you use spider sniffing to prevent the url from begin indexed as the search input link could appear on a social bookmarking service.

I think n0xie is afraid if you have multiple search inputs with the same links, those linked pages will be degraded as they appear on pages with duplicate content.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB