Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Separation - PHP5 (Modules)

[eluser]theprodigy[/eluser]
I have both the MY_Controller and MY_Model in the application/libraries folder (so that all controllers and models regardless of in a module or not can access them). So, CI should be picking these up, but it's only picking up the Controller extension.

The controller and model accessing these extensions are in a module.

The controller extending MY_Controller works as expected. The Model extending MY_Model throws a 'not found' error on the model trying to extend it (it finds the model, but not the MY_Model it is extending).

When I change the model extender to MX_Model (file name, class name, and extends declaration), it works as expected.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Extending MY_Model works perfectly fine here.

Modular Separation PHP5 has been updated and version 1.11 is now attached to the first post of this thread.

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
Hello
downloaded version 1.10, installed, and after refresh, I spoted that 1.11 is already here, so downloaded the new one Smile we'll keep posted if some problems occur!Smile

thanks wiredesignz

ok, not sure why it's not working for me.

folder structure (only relevant structure showing):
Quote:application
--site1
----config
----controllers
----libraries
------MY_Controller.php
------MY_Loader.php
------MY_Model.php
------MY_Router.php
----models
----modules
------news
--------controllers
----------news.php (extends MY_Controller) <---- works just fine
--------libraries
--------models
----------news_model.php (extends MY_Model) <---- throws error
--------views
----views
--site2
----[folder structure not shown]
system
---- (CI 1.7.1 system folder structure)
---- (CI 1.7.2 system folder structure)
public_html
--css
--images
--js
--index.php

I just thought about it. Maybe it's the way I'm loading my models. I have the constructor of my MY_Controller loading the models. Is it possible that MY_Model just isn't loaded yet?

My MY_Controller constructor looks like this:
Code:
public function __construct()
{
    parent::__construct();

foreach( $this->models as $model )
    {
        $this->load->model( $model . '_model', $model );
    }
}
Could this be the problem? If so, why would MX_Model be loaded but not MY_Model?

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1267418263"]Modular Separation PHP5 has been updated and version 1.11 is now attached to the first post of this thread.[/quote]

Any change you could maintain a changelog? I'm glad this is actively developed but I dont like updating just for the sake of it. :-)

Only one change to load->database() to match the HMVC update.
You know how to run a diff Phil. Wink

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
HA cheeky bastard. Of course I ran a diff before committing the change, would be nice for at least a sentence saying "fixed bug a but doing thing b" when you announce a new version. :-P

ok, I stopped loading the models in the MY_Controller constructor and I am still getting "Fatal error: Class 'MY_Model' not found in path/to/my/model.php on line 8". Please enlighten me on how to get this to work.
Thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB