Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CIEXtended (CIEX) - New PHP ORM Framework based on CodeIgniter

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
CIEX (CIEXtended) is a PHP framework based on and an extension of CI which includes by default an extremely light-weight ORM (object-relational mapping).

The goal of CIEX is to extend what we think CI has missed, and to add some implementations which we think is useful to everyone for everyday use, whilst still keeping the flexibility of CI as much as possible.

We love feedback, and we will base our features in the future heavily on what feedback we get, assuming it is practical and reasonable. So please provide any feedback on any new features you would like to see in the next release(s)!

As CIEX is based on CodeIgniter, it also has an extremely small footprint, in fact probably smaller than CodeIgniter as CIEX has been optimized thoroughly. You should also find that CIEX is easier to use, and more convenient. Some of the missed features in CodeIgniter has been implemented/changed in CIEX, which will make your job (as web developers) more efficient and with ease.

Do go easy on us at the start though, this is only the very early parts of CIEX, and would appreciate any constructive feedback/criticism.

We aim to update CIEX regularly, with fixes and new feature which we have planned or may have received from the users.

[UPDATE]--------------

New Features and fixes include:
- The simple CIEX ORM is officially now open-source! Enjoy!
- Component and Partial functionalities (libraries) added. Please refer to the documentation for its usage and how it works.

- Minor addition to the user agent library.
- some features and bux fixes from CodeIgniter v1.7.3 SVN.

[/UPDATE]-------------

Resources:
Current Version: 0.9.3 beta
Wiki: here
Download: here
Website Homepage: here

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
Veri interest project!
There is a team for developing? There is a sample aplication? Thank you

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Hi abmcr

Thank you for your interest and feedback.
We currently are a small team, working hard to make this project better.

Thank you also for raising the need for a sample application, this is definitely on the way and will be available very soon. Meanwhile, please take a look at the sample code provided in the zip file. The sample code is minimal, however useful and informative.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us, and we will most certainly help you any way we can.

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
[quote author="nizsmo" date="1249094534"]
Meanwhile, please take a look at the sample code provided in the zip file. The sample code is minimal, however useful and informative.[/quote]

Ok: i have see! very minimal but very interest. Thank you

[eluser]quasiperfect[/eluser]
from browsing the code like 4-5 min i have a curiosity what dose \sys\libraries\CIEX.php ? why u encoded it ? are there any other files encoded ?

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Hi quasiperfect

Thanks for your interest and browsing our code.
The purpose of CIEX.php is that it is the core of the CIEX ORM. Unforunately it is currently not open-source, as we have spent a lot of time and created the ORM from scratch.

However in the (near?) future if we have enough requests/demand for the ORM to be open-source, then we will probably be happy to release it.

And the answer to your last question is no, there are no other files encoded, only the ORM: CIEX.php.

Thanks for your time, look forward to any feedback you may have!

[eluser]ralf57[/eluser]
[quote author="nizsmo" date="1249205482"]Hi quasiperfect
The purpose of CIEX.php is that it is the core of the CIEX ORM. Unforunately it is currently not open-source, .....[/quote]

IMHO this is absolutely a show stopper and I think this will not help your development.

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Hi ralf57

Thanks for your input, and I certainly know where you are coming from.
We will definitely take your comment into consideration, and we invite you to use the rest of CIEX, if you think the ORM not being open-source is an obstacle, then you can still fully utilize the default CI models as an alternative. There are a lot of other modifications aside from the ORM, and there will be more improvements coming along updated regularly, so please don't let the ORM stop you from exploring other features.

Thanks again for your interest, look forward to any other feedback/thoughts you may have.

[eluser]quasiperfect[/eluser]
ralf57 for the orm part u can use datamapper is more advanced an has a lot more features and a larger user base so bugs are spoted fast Smile
about "the show stopper" u are right i don't use any 3'd party encoded code on principle so may thing can go wrong

[eluser]ralf57[/eluser]
[quote author="quasiperfect" date="1249319212"]ralf57 for the orm part u can use datamapper is more advanced an has a lot more features and a larger user base so bugs are spoted fast Smile
[/quote]

thank you for the advice ;-)

[quote author="quasiperfect" date="1249319212"]i don't use any 3'd party encoded code on principle so may thing can go wrong[/quote]

I don't use encoded code too.
I think it's a limited development model I don't feel to belong to.
This is just my opinion, one can be free to adopt any model he likes but should also expect limited feedback from users
The reason behind keeping the code closed:
Quote:we have spent a lot of time and created the ORM from scratch
is weak if compared to EllisLab releasing the whole CodeIgniter framework as Open Source code.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB