Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
using jquery datepicker plugin with form

[eluser]jshultz[/eluser]
I'm trying to get a jquery ui plugin called datepicker to work in my code. Why you ask? Because I have a date field in my mysql database and you knnnow that it requires a specific format. since i can't FORCE my users to put the date in YYYY-MM-DD format I needed to find a nice way of taking their date and making it that way. I read in another forum post that the jquery datepicker plugin was the best option for that. So, to wrap up this story in a nice little bow that's why i'm doing this.

Now, I was able to get the datepicker to work perfectly in another one of my websites so I'm confused why it's not working in my CI site.

i have other jquery stuff working just fine like my menus for example. I've checked the code and everything seems to be working. I'm just at a loss now as to why it's not working. It should be working so that you just click on the date field and the calendar pops up and all is right with the world.

the page i'm referring to is here

You can see it working just fine here.

If you can see what's happening can you let me know?

[eluser]kgill[/eluser]
You're using the id selector in your js but you don't have any id set for your date input field.

[eluser]jshultz[/eluser]
It says <input type="text" id="datepicker" /> which should be correct?

[eluser]kgill[/eluser]
My bad, I was looking at the input with Date: next to it, not the one below it. You've got a js error on the page, fix that and see if that helps.

[eluser]jshultz[/eluser]
You were right. events.js was throwing an error. I didn't even see it until I loaded the page in IE8. go figure. how do i see javascript errors in firebug?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB