Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter based shopping cart system

[eluser]nmormino[/eluser]
I'm currently working on a CodeIgniter based shopping cart system (that I plan to release). I have a lot done, but there is still some way to go. Is there anyone out there interested in working on this with me? If so, message me and I'll send you a copy of the code for it and I'll try to be available to answer any questions.

Thanks,

-Noah

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Why not just use the CodeIgniter Shopping Cart?

It's in the CodeIgniter svn directory.

CodeIgniter Shopping Cart

Enjoy
InsiteFX

That is just a library It still requires a lot of programming to be of any use. What I'm putting together is the platform. It has customer and admin login, shipping methods, working on payment gateway integration, supports SSL (which CodeIgniter does not have by default), and has an easy to use admin backend that would allow end users to manage their own products and content. My intention is to have a lightweight shopping cart application that is easily modified and extended, but also offers a base that can be used as is.

[eluser]renownedmedia[/eluser]
Look into OpenCart, it's an MVC based PHP shopping cart...

[eluser]bgreene[/eluser]
mine was done using codeigniter and i'm very glad too because when i look at the 404 errors for my site i see consistent attempts to test the site using things like "/zen-cart/install.txt, //phpmyadmin/,/shop/install.txt,/cart/install.txt, /store/install.txt, /boutique/install.txt, /hp_zencart/includes/general.js" etc etc

I actually do use opencart right now and I like it, but it's not CodeIgniter. I am very partial to CodeIgniter. I think that opencart is the best for me of what is currently available, but a CodeIgniter based cart will be even better for me.

[quote author="Thomas Hunter" date="1250731909"]Look into OpenCart, it's an MVC based PHP shopping cart...[/quote]

bgreene, you have already written a CodeIgniter shopping cart? would you be interested in sharing your code?

[eluser]bgreene[/eluser]
its my first attempt at php programming and looks (and is) a right mess. i'm under fierce pressure to finish an accounting package in another language so when that's out of the way i'll revisit the site.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB