Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Installation

[eluser]LovinItAll[/eluser]
Hey,

I was following the alternate installation example of CodeIgniter outlined by Michael Wales in his blog (renaming /application to _base, for example). His blog also deals with CSRF and his solution, so I was interested in implementing it. Since this thread deals with installing system files above the web root, I'm posting my question here.

For whatever reason, I'm having a difficult time getting CI to recognize the system files when I install them above the web root on my (Windows Vista - Admin - No UAC) local machine. I think I've tried almost every possible modification of the bootstrap index.php's lines 26 ($system_folder = '/ci-1.7.0'Wink and 43 ($application_folder = '..'Wink but to no avail (I've also tried not renaming the various folders as he recommends).

My htdocs folder is under c:\xampp, so I was trying to install the system files under c:\xampp (but above htdocs obviously), but I get error messages every time (file not found, or if I do get the system to recognize a change like ../, I'll receive an error message that a file was not found in the next calling module).

If anyone can recommend a change to the vars $system_folder and $application_folder that they know works given my installation, I'd really apprciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
CI Installation - by El Forum - 09-22-2009, 05:13 PM
CI Installation - by El Forum - 09-22-2009, 05:39 PM
CI Installation - by El Forum - 09-22-2009, 06:22 PM
CI Installation - by El Forum - 09-26-2009, 02:52 AM
CI Installation - by El Forum - 09-26-2009, 10:11 AM
CI Installation - by El Forum - 09-26-2009, 10:37 AM
CI Installation - by El Forum - 09-26-2009, 11:18 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB