Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else

[eluser]LovinItAll[/eluser]
I wanted to thank everyone for their points of view. It's really not like me to get stuck in 'Analysis Paralysis', but I was there and I knew it.

I think having someone say something as simple as, "The point of his whole presentation is that it is what YOU write that will matter, not PHP, and in the case of CI not even the framework." was enough to move me to a decision, which led to action, which led to being productive. Again, the gravity of my project and the number of people involved had me second-guessing myself, and I just needed to get the hell over it. Many thanks to those that helped me do just that.

CodeIgnitor looks very promising, and I look forward to continuing to use it. Being new to OO (and for whatever reason avoiding it all these years), I was pleased to discover that my "fears" were so unfounded - I began making extensions to classes almost immediately using unique code I've written over the years that do some specific things that aren't in CI. I had this notion that my previous work would be unusable - I hate when my own ignorance rears it's ugly head. Still a little disappointed in myself that Yii seemed so difficult, but it's a mere afterthought now.

Thank you again, and best of luck on your own projects.

Messages In This Thread
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else - by El Forum - 09-24-2009, 05:11 AM
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else - by El Forum - 09-24-2009, 05:24 AM
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else - by El Forum - 09-24-2009, 05:28 AM
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else - by El Forum - 09-24-2009, 05:54 AM
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else - by El Forum - 09-24-2009, 06:24 AM
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else - by El Forum - 09-24-2009, 08:34 AM
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else - by El Forum - 09-24-2009, 08:41 AM
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else - by El Forum - 09-24-2009, 09:33 AM
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else - by El Forum - 09-25-2009, 02:56 AM
CI v Yii v Procedural v Whatever Else - by El Forum - 09-25-2009, 03:09 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB