Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Has anyone ever asked the mootools man?

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
Someone pointed out that Valerio the mootools man uses CI for mootools.net

With the amount of ajax requests on this forum in mind, has anyone asked Valerio if he has built some form of CI helper for his mootools integration? Or even if he has any tips on the best way to do it?

Just a thought...

[eluser]optimal[/eluser]
You could try posting on the forums there, but they don't seem to have the same spirit of community and participation as here (from the archives it appears many questions either don't receive a response, or are described as "stupid").

Well i asked and i got a reply....

Mootools and Codeigniter on Mootools.net

[eluser]Crimp[/eluser]
See, you put your scripts within the head tags in HTML. ;-)

Yes, silly me.

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
Quote:"how they added in the js to the views"

Nobody added js to the views. Js was added to the main view. Linked in the head, like in any other normal site.

Way to contradict yourself by this guy... nobody added js to the views, js was added to the main view... lol wtf?

I dont think any of them got the plot of it. Were the people answering seriously the people who made the site? As they didnt seem to know a great deal,

To be honest, i felt like i was talking to beavis and butthead.

Quote:lol sorry for kamicane, he's the evil twin.

Right, sure, and was probably off to a birthday party wearing his spiderman outfit with his mum.

Thing is, a couple of the people were according to the forum "administrators", so i can only presume they are meant to be responsible adults who mediate the forum, or mootools developers.

Shame really.

[eluser]Lick[/eluser]
Yup agreed. Those people (founders, administration) there are full of themselves.

I do not wish to tar everyone involved with mootools with the same brush so i cannot agree with that.

I'm sure that there are plenty of helpful, grown up people on there, they just haven't replied to my thread. Who knows, perhaps someone will add to it in the near future.

[eluser]optimal[/eluser]
[quote author="audiopleb" date="1187629567"]I'm sure that there are plenty of helpful, grown up people on there, they just haven't replied to my thread.[/quote]

Not just yours--none of my posts there has ever received a response (and I try to write clearly and respectfully)!

I should add that the scripts themselves are very useful. It's the forum participation that's lacking. Of course it's free, but look at the nice community here as an example of what could be.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB