Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hiding Core System Folders in root of server instead of www folder?????

[eluser]coolfactor[/eluser]
[quote author="FrankieShakes" date="1186468752"][quote author="coolfactor" date="1186464702"]My setup looks like this:
Code:
/application/
    /config/
    /controllers/
    /views/
/CodeIgniter-1.5.4/
    /system/
/webroot/
    index.php

As long as the $application_folder and $system_folder variables are set correctly in index.php, you can put your folders anywhere you want.

I keep the CodeIgniter-1.5.4 folder there so I know which version I have installed. Really helps when you manage 12+ sites at a time.[/quote]

coolfactor,

Are you able to run multiple sites off of the same "CodeIgniter-1.5.4" directory? Or did I mis-read your post?[/quote]

I do run multiple sites off a single installation of CodeIgniter, but each site has a symlink to that single installation, so it appears each site has its own installation. Does that make sense? You need to know how symlinks work to get that.

What I described is how I do it. You can still keep your single installation of CodeIgniter in an entirely different place as long as you have filesystem access to it and set the $system_folder path correctly in index.php. That's the key to this.

Messages In This Thread
Hiding Core System Folders in root of server instead of www folder????? - by El Forum - 08-06-2007, 07:45 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB