Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email Hosting

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Was wondering if one of you guys had any experience with 'email hosting'? I feel that i am loosing to much time resolving email issues while we should be focusing more on our business and customers. IS that recommended? We have about 30 emails on our system.. Could be good to migrate on an outsourced exchange server. Let me know your views if possible. Thx

One example I found on the web: Email Hosting

Thanks.

[eluser]Twisted1919[/eluser]
Why not rent a VPS / Dedicated server and transform it into an email server ?
That's the solution i've adopted and it works flowless.
I have a VPS at 1024 mb ram at 10 $/mo which hosts emails for 10 of my domains , sending ~5000 emails daily without problems .
Of course if you are new in the emails nightmare , then go with an already build server as there are many options available over the internet but are not so cheap .

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
thanks for your fast reply. I guess the 'transformed' VPS could work well. You are also right about cost of implementing an outsourced email system. It could be less troublesome at work but the cost is considerably higher... In the long run, it could be a money issue.

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
The email hosting you link to regarding Microsoft Hosted Exchange is actually run by the company I am located directly below, AppRiver

I've heard only good things about them. The key with them is not only do they host your email, but they enhance it with the best spam filtering in their industry and lots of other add-on features. A company I worked for had terrible finances, never had money for anything - but they used AppRiver anyway, so it can't be especially expensive.

I would have outsourced our email too if I hadn't finally got the server all setup so it just doesn't cause problems anymore.

[eluser]Jeroen Brussich[/eluser]
As IT-coördinator for a k12+ school, I moved my entire organisation (around 80 employees) to Google Apps. Easy peasy to setup and maintain, 8 GB storage !! and no hassle what so ever.

You should at least consider it before dismissing it...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB