Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Do you have CodeIgniter working with SimplePie?

[eluser]Sire[/eluser]
I'm getting segementation fault (11) with apache, trying to run both together. PHP 5.2.9 and CI 1.7.2, on Mac OS X under Apache 2.2.13. I've tried Simplepie 1.0, 1.1.1, 1.2, and Elliot Haughin's version.

$this->load->library('simplepie'); is enough to cause the segfault.

If you don't mind, what are your specs that have it working together?

error_log
[Thu Dec 03 17:17:20 2009] [notice] child pid 28317 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Dec 03 17:17:21 2009] [notice] child pid 28340 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Dec 03 17:17:22 2009] [notice] child pid 28342 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

[eluser]Sire[/eluser]
Just an update, that it works for me without crashing with php 5.2.0 (SimplePie 1.2).

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Does SimplePie have a support site or forum? You might have better luck there since it's pretty clear CI is not the root of the issue

[eluser]Sire[/eluser]
Solution for users of php 5.2.3+ I believe. This works for me. I was able to learn this by trying Simplepie with Kohana and looking at the error output. This now works for me with CI 1.7.2 and php 5.3

Open Simplepie.php

search:
=& new

replace with:
= new

[eluser]ckeller[/eluser]
THANK YOU!! This worked for me as well with the setup:

Windows 7

CI 1.7.2

Xampp 1.7.3 (PHP 5.3)

SimplePie 1.2.1-dev

[eluser]Sire[/eluser]
This tip from Eric on Elliot's blog might be a more elegant solution, depends on what you'd prefer. I haven't tried it.

Add this at the top of the index.php in your CodeIgniter application.
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED);

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="Sire" date="1264284774"]This tip from Eric on Elliot's blog might be a more elegant solution, depends on what you'd prefer. I haven't tried it.

Add this at the top of the index.php in your CodeIgniter application.
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED);[/quote]

Worked for me, thanks a bunch!

I had my Apache segfaulting when loading the SimplePie CI library, this solved it.

Mac OS X 10.6.2
Apache 2.2.13 & PHP 5.3 (Snow Leopard default installation)
CodeIgniter 1.7.2

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Elliot's library is a wrapped for SimplePie, but the main PHP class works fine. v1.2 is written to support PHP 4 and PHP 5 but it is old and support for newer versions of PHP 5 are not supported.

v1.3-dev can be downloaded from GitHub and includes this fix.

[eluser]Starovich[/eluser]
My library depending on simplepie suddenly stopped working, and indeed, this seems to be due to updated php version.

Simply replacing
=& new for = new

...worked perfectly! Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB