Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Procession Form data outside CI framework.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi Jedd thanks for your response. I haven't tried the absolute path. I will give it a try and see what comes out of it. What I am trying to accomplish is using the form created by the previous programmer. He created this form inside a varible in the index function of the contact form controller. Example:

class Contact extends Controller {
function index()
{
$this->load->helper('url');
$content = <<<EOD

&lt;form id="contact-form" action="send_email.php" method="POST"&gt;

[html form code here]

&lt;/form&gt;
}

$this->load->view('template', array("pageTitle" => "Contact Us", "pageContent" => $content,"pageSel" =>contact" ) );
}}

As you can see my modification was to add the action="send_email.php" method="POST" hoping that should work with like I would with a regular site without the CI framework. But that didn't work. I tried placing send_email.php in the application folder but that did not work. I will try the absolute path.

In the long run I can see the work put into building a site with a CI framework can be modular and easy to maintain down the road. Of course, done according to how the framework was intended to be used.

PS: I tried the absolute path that will not work when RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L] is on. When that is removed it works. Is there a way to have the RewriteRule turn on and still have the absolute path work?

Messages In This Thread
Procession Form data outside CI framework. - by El Forum - 12-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Procession Form data outside CI framework. - by El Forum - 12-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Procession Form data outside CI framework. - by El Forum - 12-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Procession Form data outside CI framework. - by El Forum - 12-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Procession Form data outside CI framework. - by El Forum - 12-18-2009, 03:17 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB