Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Just Launched My 200th Site On A Single CodeIgniter Installation

[eluser]dchuk[/eluser]
A lot of the things you listed off are exactly what I'm planning on doing. I'm going to create a wrapper for the NameCheap api that will allow me to purchase and point domains at my host through my app. Then using the CPanel api, I can park those newly purchased domains. Then I just run a function on all public facing controller actions that checks which domain is being called and loads the appropriate data.

You mentioned GData...I've been looking around for ways to dynamically add new sites to analytics so that I don't have to manually go in and do it each time. For now, I was planning on using CURL to do it but that's never fun and if there's a library out there that Google supports I'd like to use that, I just haven't found anything yet. Do you know if you add new sites to Analytics with GData api's?

So I'm basically doing the same thing as you, just instead of separate hosting accounts, I'm just parking the domains on the same hosting account. Less SEO love but easy with the api.

You wanna chat on IM? Seems like we both have our heads wrapped around the same problems. Hit me up if you want on GChat, [email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Just Launched My 200th Site On A Single CodeIgniter Installation - by El Forum - 12-18-2009, 11:25 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB