Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Debugging CI with Eclipse pdt

[eluser]noCodeMonkeys[/eluser]
I have just setup eclipse/ptd/xdebug (Galileo). I have gotten the debugger to work. However I am at a loss as to how to debug the CI projects. I am not sure what file to work with. When I try to debug the view or controller files they run and show up in pdt, but it ignores breakpoints and doesn't really debug.

I have two projects setup in pdt, one points to systems and one to applications. I moved the applications folder up one directory and modified the path in index.php. This is the setup suggested by Stefano in a thread started 1-17-2008 entitled CI plugin for eclipse.

Can anyone offer direction in this regard? I have spen waaaaaay too much time on this so if anyone can offer any help I will be very grateful.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Your entry point to CI is the front controller, which is the index.php file that CI ships with.

Thanks for your reply. If I open index.php in the debugger, how does that get me to the pages I actually need to debug?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
You might need to trick CI into knowing where to go.

In index.php, try something like

Code:
$_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] = 'path/i/want/to/debug';

Thanks. That makes sense. I'll it and post the result.

[eluser]Sinclair[/eluser]
[quote author="noCodeMonkeys" date="1263799378"]I have just setup eclipse/ptd/xdebug (Galileo). I have gotten the debugger to work. However I am at a loss as to how to debug the CI projects. I am not sure what file to work with. When I try to debug the view or controller files they run and show up in pdt, but it ignores breakpoints and doesn't really debug.

I have two projects setup in pdt, one points to systems and one to applications. I moved the applications folder up one directory and modified the path in index.php. This is the setup suggested by Stefano in a thread started 1-17-2008 entitled CI plugin for eclipse.

Can anyone offer direction in this regard? I have spen waaaaaay too much time on this so if anyone can offer any help I will be very grateful.[/quote]

Hi,

I need to setup a Debug environment for codeigniter. Do you have information on how to configure eclipse/ptd/xdebug (Galileo)?

Best Regards,

[eluser]gorfdo[/eluser]
Here is how I got xdebug to work with CI -- I am using xampp as local server;
Assuming you have debugging working

in config.php
set $config['uri_protocol;] = "AUTO"
$config['enable_query_strings'] = TRUE;

in /library/uri.php
in function _fetch_uri_string()
below "if (strtoupper($this->config->item('uri_protocol')) == 'AUTO')
{"
add " if(preg_match("/debug/i",$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])){
$_GET = array('');
$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] = '';
}"
(make sure to add after opening { of if statemnt)

now go to the debug perspective click on the debug dropdown and go to debug configurations
click on "php webpage" and select new at the top
enter a name
select xdebug
add a new php server -- give it a name, and enter the url http://xampp_program_path
browser to the file -- index.php
break at first line
do not autogenerate the url, enter the url of the page you want to debug
the system should have url:and the url you entered for the php server, then you add the part of the url after.

click debug and you sould break at the first line.

For those who need to confgure Eclipse pdt with Xdebug. I am running VIsta64bit on iis7 test server.
This is the most complete and accurate description of how to that I have seen. You have to register with IBM to get the info but IMHO it's well worth it.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/os...debug.html

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB