Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI + WP htaccess and/or routing question

[eluser]123wesweat[/eluser]
send a pm. Could use some suggestions

i think it has to do with a form action with and without /.

I notice that the following form action didn't work
Code:
action="mydomain.com/ci-controller/login/"
but this one does work
Code:
action="mydomain.com/ci-controller/login"

Could it be the call from the iframe adds a trailing / which is not visible??

[eluser]farinspace[/eluser]
I'll take a look at the PM ...

Good catch on the trailing slash thing ... I've had issues with that before in the past, because a mod_rewrite rule may be rewriting a URL, the redirect will loose the form data (POST).

One quick solution i can think of might be to use "RewriteCond" and exclude the scripts in question. Also, you may first try to temporarily removing the rewrite rules specific to trailing slashes and see if that helps narrow the problem.

he farinspace,

tx for answering so quickly i really need to get this done this weekend. Going to try your suggestions (if i can figure it out).

About the PM i got the half done showing the user status.

What i don't get, i have exact the same form action for the form within the iframe and a form not within an iframe. Within the iframe it doesn't work and not in an iframe it works, i am puzzled.

Well for now i am going to try your tips

i'll keep you posted

[quote author="farinspace" date="1269631772"]I'll take a look at the PM ...

Good catch on the trailing slash thing ... I've had issues with that before in the past, because a mod_rewrite rule may be rewriting a URL, the redirect will loose the form data (POST).

One quick solution i can think of might be to use "RewriteCond" and exclude the scripts in question. Also, you may first try to temporarily removing the rewrite rules specific to trailing slashes and see if that helps narrow the problem.[/quote]

i removed
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.+)/$ $1 [L,R=301]

without success

How can i exclude the scripts as it's a method of a controller and needs to be directed to the CI part??

How did you fix your problem in the past??
Is there a tool which show use how url are rewritten??

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB