Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Loosing Sessions on WAMP?

[eluser]Stilly[/eluser]
Hi

I have a strange behavior here and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I am developing a site and I work locally on a WAMP server and upload teh stuff from time to time to my webserver which is usual LAMP.

I make use of the session class and it works fine on both systems. But when I store the sessions in the DB it works perfectly well on LAMP - but it does not on WAMP. Everytime I call a new page it creates a new empty session (userdata missing).

Is this WAMP related?

I already googled the whole day and went though tons of session related posting here in forum, but seem not to find anything that refers to this behavior.

Anyone a clue?

[eluser]Stilly[/eluser]
[quote author="Stilly" date="1267590053"]Hi
I am developing a site and I work locally on a WAMP server and upload the stuff from time to time to my webserver which is usual LAMP.
[/quote]

found it out myself...the issue is that on wamp you will have something like http://localhost/directory - In other words you dont have a domain to put in $config['cookie_domain']

solved it with the windows hosts file

[eluser]stef25[/eluser]
What did you do to fix it exactly? I'm having the same problem, session data gets lost every so often. This is on MAMP / Mac.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB