Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Borrowing CI's database library?

[eluser]jonath4n[/eluser]
I have made my own framework, using CI's database library. Is it OK to use it? I don't have a clue about Licences and copyright stuff.
The rest of it is different, for example it allows you to do $post = posts::getid(1); rather than $post = $this->db->getwhere('posts', array('id' => 1));, and uses django style URLs, where you use regex manually for all URLs. It also generates the controllers, models, and views from a web based interface. And it has built in authentication. The performance seems to be better too, I ran ab with the CI welcome page with the database library autoloaded, it got about 80 requests/s and a page that runs 2 queries with my framework (a select count(*) and a select *) got 170 requests/s.

[eluser]codelearn[/eluser]
As long as you don't sell it (the technology itself), I think this is fine. Could be wrong...

Sorry for bumping, I'd like to know for sure what I can do.

Final bump

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
This was discussed earlier when the Kohana (BlueFlame) fork occurred. The copyrights and credits included in the files need to remain in the files and a copy of the CI license needs to be included with your applications. If the files were modified in any way, you need to identify who modified the files and what was modified in the header of the applicable files.

You might try leaving a PM for Derek Allard or one of the other EllisLab's volunteers who help out here to confirm the above. If you look at the forum member list, most of the EllisLabs personnel are ranked high in the list because this forum is linked to the same database as the ExpressionEngine forum and they answer a lot of questions there too.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB