Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is OB_SESSION still useful to use?

[eluser]Neil_W[/eluser]
Hello,
From the wiki, OB_Session and DB_Session are quite old. Are they still useful and valid with version 1.7?

Reason I ask is DB_Session, for example, refers to implementing a feature that is now in 1.7 and so I don't see why it is still referenced in the wiki when it could easily confuse people.

I wish to use sessions in CI (for the first time) and want to make them as secure as I can (e.g. I've already trialled using the database implementation of CI using encrypted cookies and storing user data on the database).

I know OB_Session supports session regeneration, etc which would be useful to me.

Thanks for any help.

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
Hi,

From the CI userguide:
Quote:When a page is loaded, the session class will check to see if valid session data exists in the user's session cookie. If sessions data does not exist (or if it has expired) a new session will be created and saved in the cookie. If a session does exist, its information will be updated and the cookie will be updated. With each update, the session_id will be regenerated.

IMHO, you can safely use CI's own session class. I know some people have had problems with it, but personally it has worked with no problems in sites that I have used CI sessions.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB