Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
mode rewrite

[eluser]kosaidpo[/eluser]
hey guys
i've been stugglin with this since last night and now there's an imporvement LOL
i can say apache is tlkin to me now but sadly i dont tlk his lang Big Grin
he's sayin
Quote:the server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

and my application path would be /opt/lampp/htdocs/www/MyApplication

so i type in the url bar localhost/www/MyApplication

and my htaccess file
Quote:RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /www/CI_forum/index.php/$1 [L]

tnx in advance

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
Have you checked the apache error log, like it says to?

Code:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /www/CI_forum/index.php/$1 [L]

.htaccess should be in the same directory as index.php, so no path should be necessary.

Code:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]

The url you should be going to is index.php, not your application path... If that directory isn't your web root, you need to add RewriteBase to .htaccess... In this case, it looks like all of your files are in /www/CI_forum/, so in .htaccess:

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /www/CI_forum/
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]

I'm not sure that moving your system/application directories before you even get the default controller working is a great idea...

tnx bro

here's my eror-log
Code:
[Wed Mar 24 21:17:39 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration: /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php, referer: http://localhost/www/

and with the htacces u gave me icant access to my application at all givin me a 403 error

and even i turned back my application folder under the system folder still the same

heyy guys i solved it with this no need fo base rewritin or anythin

Code:
#si ce n'est ni un fichie ni un dossier
RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$  index.php/$1 [L]

but i still have some miss understandin the application CI it counts my controllers as what a file ??i dont think ,cus if so it wont be any redirection am i right ??

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB