Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
taking the next step ?

[eluser]Schumacher[/eluser]
Hallo there,
in the past time codeigniter has awaken my interrest, and ive read alot about it. And i think i got the skills now to move on to a project, to merge all my knowledge down in a proper code.
But i dont know what i should begin with. I don't got any projects going, and i would like to be able to take it step by step, just like i learned php back in the days.

Do any of you have any ideers how i can take the next step ?
Would love to hear them .

Schu!

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
Just take any of your old projects and rewrite them in CI.
Or ask around and find sometopic you could write a program/site about.

Rip and copy is my personal favorite. Rip some websites idea an create a copy of that functionality/site.

Enough to keep you busy

Mhhm yes , okay.. i see.
I was going to try something i had in mind,but i always came intro trouble, not knowing how to solve the problem.
to take an example,
i made this login and it was find, i used the validation class to validate the input if it was set. But how do i send an error back to the user that the information does not match any users in the database. Or for that sake give a text back to the user, you are now logged in.
Are there any way to make this in a smart way, just as the validate class?

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
Just treat the User Guide as the CI bible. The questions you just asked are in the userguide.
And in the forums aswell.

Basically you want a callback that checks the database for a user.
The second part can be done via flashdata or a redirect to a logged_in method.

So print a copy of the userguide, an never go anywhere without, put it under your pillow as you go to sleep!

I'm not going to give you complete code or a complete solution, then you wouldn't learn from it;-)

heh :p
No thats fair enough. all the things you just said i have seen, just didn't think of the call back function in that way, seen it as a create user feature, so it checks if there is a username with that name.. but thats just the same.

is it possible to print it ? get a pdf with it ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB