Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email Class Discoveries and Problems

[eluser]TigerWolf[/eluser]
I have an application that im coding that sends out a few emails and I only just recently discovered that not all emails where being sent properly.

I was a bit confused as it was hard to figure out because no errors where being returned.

In one of my functions I have it send an email about a new booking to notify the company of a new booking and also an email to the customer. For some reason it was only sending one of these emails. I realised I had loaded the class twice, so after doing this instead of the first email not sending only the second one sent.

After looking at the docs I realised wasnt using the $this->email->clear();, so I added this and I still had the problem. I then tried changing who the email was coming from, and instead of a gmail account I chose another email address, and as soon as I did this both emails worked.

Im confused but why does an email not go through if it is "sent" from a gmail account from the server rather than another domain, is this some sort of protection that gmail has so that mail coming from it cant be faked?

The codeigniter $this->email->print_debugger(); wasnt the most useful in debuging this problem, is there a better way for me to debug emails and see what is actually happening?

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Have you played with changing the protocol setting?

[eluser]TigerWolf[/eluser]
No I havent - is that mail and sendmail?

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
[quote author="TigerWolf" date="1270631937"]No I havent - is that mail and sendmail?[/quote]

Yes, and SMTP, but you should try sendmail if you haven't.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB