Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Strange Session library behavior in IE

[eluser]PoWah[/eluser]
Maybe somebody can explain where is the problem? I think that this is a session library bug or smth...
The situation:
- in one of the controller methods I set search result in a session array ($this->session->set_userdata("search_results", $results_array); ) and redirect to another method which is responsible only for representing result data. Everything goes fine if I use Firefox. Everything goes fine if I use IE too, but not on all computers! On some PCs session data disappears after redirecting, it doesnt matter if you use IE6 or IE7! It works on all computers if browser is FF, but not every computer with IE shows the results! I simply do not understand :/ If I change CI session library with Native Session library, everything is fine with all browsers on all PCs... but if I use original CI library or even the new CI library things go strange...

Any thoughts? :long:

p.s.: you can see this in action on my site http://www.mobilu.lt/ by clicking on a button below the form with a value "Ieškoti". If you see the results with IE - its ok, you are lucky, but I bet not all of you will see them :-)

[eluser]alpar[/eluser]
Do you use a database to store cookie information? And do you have match user agent set to true in the config file?

[eluser]PoWah[/eluser]
yes to both questions..

[eluser]alpar[/eluser]
check out this thread i have reported a bug about this. I actually got trouble with Firefox too on MAC

[eluser]PoWah[/eluser]
strange that in community there are no interest in this session issue :/ i believe that CI developers team should pay their attention to such little but painful bug

[eluser]alpar[/eluser]
Do you consider it to be a bug? Try the following, modify the session library to store the md5 hash of the string it stores now, and also match user_agents by md5 hash. If it corrects your problem, then the original code had a bug, and i will submit a bug report.

[eluser]PoWah[/eluser]
Yes, I think that such error is a bug. Besides it is time consuming to find it for a usual developer. In addition, framework core libraries should work on all platforms and all modern browsers without hacking core files (as in this case). So, in my humble opinion, its a bug Smile

[eluser]codelearn[/eluser]
Did anyone find a solution for this?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
If you follow the original thread
Quote:Thanks Alpar. Fixed up.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB