Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Avoiding Spam Filters when using the Email Class?

[eluser]Jason McCallister[/eluser]
I'm building a website that has a contact form that also generates an email to the submitter thanking them for taking the time to contact the website owner.

The code works and sends the email like its supposed to.

However, the email is picked up by spam on a lot of systems. I'm assuming the best method to avoid this would be set the email preferences to use an external SMTP Host for authentication?

Currently the Controller looks like this:

Code:
$this->load->library('email');
$this->email->from($this->validation->email, $this->validation->first . " " . $this->validation->last);
$this->email->to('[email protected]');
$this->email->subject("Contact Form:" . " " . $this->validation->subject);
$this->email->message($this->validation->body);
$this->email->send();

$this->load->library('email');
$this->email->from('[email protected]', $this->validation->first . " " . $this->validation->last);
$this->email->to($this->validation->email);
$this->email->subject('Thank You');
$this->email->message('Dear' . " " . $this->validation->first . "," . "\n \n" . 'Thank you for taking the time to contact me through my website. I will be in touch as soon as possible.' . "\n \n" . "Thank You,\n Website Author \[email protected] \nhttp://mydomain.com");
$this->email->send();

Messages In This Thread
Avoiding Spam Filters when using the Email Class? - by El Forum - 04-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Avoiding Spam Filters when using the Email Class? - by El Forum - 04-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Avoiding Spam Filters when using the Email Class? - by El Forum - 04-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Avoiding Spam Filters when using the Email Class? - by El Forum - 04-28-2010, 04:05 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB