Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
fancybox issue

[eluser]davdtm[/eluser]
Hi everyone, I have some troubles in Internet Explorer applying fancybox to an image within a view. It seems that IE cannot load the "close window" cross at the top right of the modal window, nor the backgroud of the title below (I think these are the default positions for such elements). Firefox works beautifully, so I don't think it's a problem of my implementation. Before bothering you with code snippets, has anybody faced similar issues so far? My guess is that IE cannot load such images when splitting the fancybox module within different folders (I've put the fancybox library under applications/libraries (creating a new 'JS' folder), and I have a php module + controller + view as usual in codeigniter). I've also seen that saving the source code as a static file and loading it in IE avoiding the MCV scheme, everything works properly. I'm a bit lost...

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Davide

[eluser]Andrew Stilliard[/eluser]
If you open up the css file for fancybox you should find some IE hacks near the bottom, just comment these out and it should work a treat, although i think it will effect IE6's display but you can get round that with any of the many IE6 PNG fixes out there.

[eluser]luchezze[/eluser]
I have the same problem, in Firefox Safari it's working ok but in IE dosent show the close image and next arrow and prev over the zoomed picture.
It`s wierd, if i'm inserting manualy images trough html/code its working ok but if i add images trough php/codeigniter code it dosent work ...
Somebody know the issues?

[eluser]helloworldly[/eluser]
Hi,

I had the same problem. I did a lot of trouble shooting and found that if I put the fancybox example code (ie, the test index.html as well as all js and css files) in the root directory everything worked as it should for all browsers.

But if one of my views within my Codeigniter "system" and "application" folders was calling in fancybox css and fancybox js from the public root, that's when the craziness ensued on IE.

Andrew Stilliard's trick of commenting out in the css all that IE-specific alpha channel info (filter: progidBig GrinXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader etc) works for IE7 and IE8.

And it would be ok if it just didn't display transparencies properly in IE6 -- but instead IE6 is crashing or slowing to crawl when clicking a fancybox-enabled image.

And yet fancybox works perfectly fine in IE6 when not used within CodeIgniter.

I tried to bypass some of the IE6-specific rules within the fancybox js by setting the following to null:
Code:
isIE6 = !$.support.opacity && !window.XMLHttpRequest,

But IE6 would still crash browser when you select a fancybox-enabled image.

Anyone have any experience in this? And what CodeIgniter process could be interfering with FancyBox's normal operations? Codeigniter sanitizing?

[eluser]helloworldly[/eluser]
Hhhmmm, I'm now not able to recreate the browser crashing issue in IE6. Yes, the png transparencies no longer work in IE6 but that was expected.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB