Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Watermark tries to use alpha transparency when combining two jpg images

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'm overlaying a JPG graphic on top of a square white JPG graphic. I get some speckles of white in the final image. So, I tried adjusting the wm_x_transp and wm_y_transp to see if I got different speckles based on the imagecolorat position. I did. So, I went perusing through the Image_Lib.php library and I found the following relevant code. I must admit that I'm not good with bitwise operands, but the $alpha variable stays at 0, and the "else" portion executes, leaving me with an attempt at transparency on two very un-transparent jpegs.

The user guide says that usually a PNG or GIF would overlay the JPG, but I specifically need a dynamic image overlaying a static one, rather than the alternate. If I hack this code to run just the "imagecopy" function, am I missing anything? Or is there another way?

Code:
// Set RGB values for text and shadow
        $rgba = imagecolorat($wm_img, $this->wm_x_transp, $this->wm_y_transp);
        $alpha = ($rgba & 0x7F000000) >> 24;

// make a best guess as to whether we're dealing with an image with alpha transparency or no/binary transparency
        if ($alpha > 0)
        {
            // copy the image directly, the image's alpha transparency being the sole determinant of blending
            imagecopy($src_img, $wm_img, $x_axis, $y_axis, 0, 0, $wm_width, $wm_height);
        }
        else
        {
            // set our RGB value from above to be transparent and merge the images with the specified opacity
            imagecolortransparent($wm_img, imagecolorat($wm_img, $this->wm_x_transp, $this->wm_y_transp));
            imagecopymerge($src_img, $wm_img, $x_axis, $y_axis, 0, 0, $wm_width, $wm_height, $this->wm_opacity);
        }

Thanks,
Landon

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
For if I help the world to grow in wisdom and in grace,
Then, I shall feel that I have won and I have filled my place.
And so I ask my guidance, God, that I may do my part,
For character and confidence and happiness of heart.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB