Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI for webshops?

[eluser]rijobo[/eluser]
Hello there,

I need to build a webshop and I have my doubts if I should do it my self, or if I should use Magento or something like that.
It's a very simple shop with only 10-20 products. The next years the product count won't be higher then 50 I think.
Could you advise me what to do? Are there already some open source shops or good working carts in CI?

[eluser]steelaz[/eluser]
totalshopuk is working on open source eCommerce solution - http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/153137/

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
Seems to me that its not open source as you have to buy the actual sources Smile Ofcourse I know that Open Source != Free, but I dont intend to find out by buying the code and seeing the license Wink

[eluser]steelaz[/eluser]
Whoops, sorry about that, I just saw download link pointing to sourceforge.net and assumed it was free, how mighty tricky of him.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Afaik you are only allowed to use SourceForge if your software is available with een Open Source license. Which means the source must be available.
That has nothing to do with the fact that he charges for his services or the packaged product.

As no source is public, not on sourceforge (he has blocked svn access), not on his own site, I think this is in violation of the SF terms of use.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB