Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
how to integrate tinymce with ci ?

[eluser]Pokhara[/eluser]
how to integrate tinymce with ci ?

[eluser]LuckyFella73[/eluser]
You can integrate tinymce like usual. Load js files in your header,
set up the config stuff (toolbars, which elements to replace), thats all.

When using plugins (file upload) there might be some differences, but
for basic textarea replacement it's the same like with non CI websites.

[eluser]Simian Studios[/eluser]
What exactly do you mean by "integrate"?

If you just want to have a TinyMCE instance to run on top of a textarea, doing that with CI is no different than doing it with plain old HTML - just follow the instructions on the TinyMCE Wiki Smile

[eluser]Pokhara[/eluser]
Can anyone please give me sample with textarea tag ? Thanks

[eluser]Simian Studios[/eluser]
Hi Pokhara

The link in my first post has an example with a textarea, or are you looking for something more specific?

[eluser]LuckyFella73[/eluser]
[quote author="Simian Studios" date="1275672530"] ... - just follow the instructions on the TinyMCE Wiki Smile[/quote]

@ Pokhara

Why don't you at least click at the link provided for you? All you are asking for can
be found there.

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
There's nothing special about integrating Tiny MCE into a CI app. One thing that is tripping me up though; because I'm using flash session data, if I load an image into Tiny MCE, it uses the form token, and submit fails. That's something to keep in mind. I should probably just disable the flash session/token requirement, but then that creates other potential problems. Other than that, Tiny MCE is awesome. I'm using it with a customized installation of Community Cart (on a customer's website). It's going to be in the next commit to Community Cart, because it is really nice!

[eluser]ram4nd[/eluser]
I wrote a tutorial for this: Integrating TinyMCE into CodeIgniter

[eluser]Pokhara[/eluser]
Thanks eveyone.

what i did is loaded tinymce on the header globally and apply tinyMCE in certain textarea by giving it class.

Code:
editor_selector : "textarea_class_to_apply_tinymce",

Code:
[removed][removed]
[removed]
tinyMCE.init({
        mode : "textareas",
        theme : "advanced",
        editor_selector : "textarea_class_to_apply_tinymce",
        skin : "o2k7",
        plugins : "emotions,spellchecker,advhr,insertdatetime,preview,style,table,fullscreen,media",
        //plugins: "safari,spellchecker,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,inlinepopups,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template,imagemanager,filemanager",

// Theme options - button# indicated the row# only
    theme_advanced_buttons1 : "newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,fontselect,fontsizeselect,formatselect",
    theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,|,code,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor",
    theme_advanced_buttons3 : "insertdate,inserttime,|,spellchecker,advhr,,removeformat,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions",
    theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
    theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
    theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom" //(n.b. no trailing comma in last line of code)
    //theme_advanced_resizing : true //leave this out as there is an intermittent bug.
});
[removed]

Hope this helps someone

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB