Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Extremely slow speed on my site using codeignitor... is this normal?

[eluser]alitech[/eluser]
Hey Bretticus

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my query. Appreciate the suggestions and yes I have to say I have not idea if any of this has been done for my site. I know the quad core can take a lot more, thats why I came on to it in the first place. The 180 threads also only occur once a spider comes on to the site. I think spiders are killing the server with the load, which they shouldnt really. I moved to a dedicated server so that I dont get kicked out by shared hosting, VPS arrangements. For now, I think Apache will suffice until I find out what the underlying problem really is. I have a wordpress blog and a phpbb forum on the same box and they are lightening fast. And yes, the number of pages I refer to are all dynamic DB driven.

The MySQL optimisation and indexing would be required by the sound of this, I am sure thats not been done for the site.

Anyhow, if you could kindly support your suggestions with references on where I can find more information and downloads of these tools/tutorials, that would help. I can attempt to get them looked at by my developers in the first instance as the cost would be affordable. If not, I will have to hire a professional to fix these issues. I have big plans for the site. Not really gotten anywhere because of performance issues. Google doesnt like us at all as they now score on site speed as well.

If you guys have any suggestions as to who I can hire for a job like this, that would be excellent.

Messages In This Thread
Extremely slow speed on my site using codeignitor... is this normal? - by El Forum - 06-09-2010, 03:34 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB